One of the nicest gifts you can give your family is to pre-plan your end-of-life wishes. Sadly, in many cases, it’s left up to the family to decide about the funeral arrangements. When your loved ones are grieving, it only adds to the stress. Funeral pre-planning in Ottawa gives your family peace of mind, both financially and emotionally.
Outline Your Funeral Wishes
The first step in pre-planning a funeral is to decide what you want for an end-of-life remembrance. Here are some questions to ask yourself. Write down your wishes and leave them in a safe place.
- Do you want to be buried or cremated?
- What type of memorial service would you like?
- Do you have any specific music or poems you’d like read at your service?
- Who would you like to be the officiant?
- Is there anyone you’d like to appoint for giving the eulogy?
- What would you like done with your ashes, if you want to be cremated?
- Do you have a cemetery plot? What kind of casket would you choose?
- What would you like included in the published obituary?
- Flowers or memorial donations?
These questions can just get you started. Feel free to include any details you like.
Financing Your Funeral
Financing a funeral can be another stressor when someone dies. In most cases, funeral expenses need to be paid before the estate can be settled. If you can pre-finance your funeral arrangements, it will make it easier for your family. It can be a struggle to come up with $1,500 or more to pay for final expenses. Talk to a funeral director about options to pre-pay for your funeral arrangements.
Professional Funeral Directors Can Help Answer Your Questions
A personalized memorial service helps loved ones grieve. The funeral directors with Heritage Funeral Complex are here to answer your questions about funeral services and to help you make end-of-life arrangements. Contact our funeral homes in Ottawa about pre-planning funeral services to give your loved ones a gift they’ll never forget.