1250 Trim Road | Ottawa Orléans, Ontario
Planning arrangements in time of need can be very emotional and stressful. That’s why planning one’s own or a family member’s funeral in advance has become commonplace in our society, especially as part of the retirement or estate-planning process.
Some people simply record their wishes and leave them with us, leaving payment to the estate or next of kin. Others choose to pay in advance. You can rest assured that whatever decisions you make regarding pre-payment, your investment is safe and secure—and protected by law.
Here at Heritage Funeral Complex, we deposit all prepaid funds with Guaranteed Funeral Deposits of Canada. All funds are CDIC-insured to a maximum of $100,000.
At Heritage Funeral Complex we offer complete pre-need, at-need and bereavement services. Our licensed and dedicated team will help you to arrange a personalized service, tailored to suit your family’s needs and budget.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
What you can do in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone, pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and desires.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.